September 13, 2011

Remembrance Cakes for 9/11

While clicking through food blogs I enjoy reading, I invariably find new ones to read.  Last night I came across Family Fresh Cooking .  Lovely website with a wonderful idea, to bake in remembrance of those lost on 9/11.  My heart will forever go out to all those that lost a loved one or friend on that day.

So today I baked...

Apple Custard Tart

This is a Julia Child recipe that I came across posted on My Baking Addiction.  I cook at a residential home for 14 and they love anything baked with apples and custard!  This one went down a hit with just a dollop of cinnamon whipped cream.





















Classic Brownies

I unfortunately found the Tuesdays with Dorie online baking group after it had closed because they'd already baked through half the book.  But, I have the cookbook Baking from My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan and bake along unofficially.  This was a delicious brownie, but I may have under baked mine just a tad.  Classic chocolate, would be great with a scoop of ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment