September 25, 2011

FFwD: Honey-Spiced Madeleines

I did make my madeleines on Friday, but just getting time to post.  Yesterday, I participated in an event to sell baked goods so my kitchen has been a total disaster all week.

I was looking forward to making these because they're one of my daughter's favourite cookies/cakes.  After refrigerating the batter overnight it seemed light and almost foamy. Not sure if that's normal because that's about the time we realised our fridge was on the blink!  I won't fill my tins so full next time, most of them went over the sides and they didn't really have the indentations that are characteristic of a madeleine.  They were nice and I will give them another try when I haven't just baked: 6 dozen cupcakes, 4 dozen cookies, 14 brownies and 50 cake push-up pops!

Happy Sunday!
Over-filled tins



My madeleine pan was angled, so I wonder if I didn't put it on
another baking sheet they would have browned more on the bottom?

My disaster of a kitchen
My madeleines weren't a huge success this week,
but the bake sale was!


9 comments:

  1. Wow! You were busy - I am in awe that you managed to fit these in the middle of all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun and congratulations on your bake sale success. My kitchen is often a disaster...always a project, but I love it. This recipe made too much batter for one madeleine pan and everyone who crammed all the batter into one pan had your same results, but they are still lovely and I'm sure they are tasty. I actually love all your photos...they have so much happy life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the successful bake sale! I'm exhausted just thinking about all that must have entailed! I definitely think there is a learning curve when it comes to madeleines, but yours look great~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I've just about recovered and am thinking I'll bake something with pumpkin this week. Next time I make madeleines, I'll remember not to overfill the molds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, Robin! That's a lot of baking you got done. Your daughter must have been so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing!!! That's what I think! I'm so happy your sale was a success, but then, how could it not have been with all of those goodies!!

    I want to make these again, but today I'm "cooking", and really don't need more treats! I've actually got the "pumpkin with everything good" in the oven now... I think that counts as pumpkin!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an amazing amount of baking; I'm surprised you managed to make the Madeleines at all. I love your packaging for the bake sale goods and how lovely everything looked. As for the Madeleines, you have incentive to make some more, now - always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, you baked ALL those goodies and you still found time to bake madeleines? Now that's what I call dedication! So happy to hear that your hard work for the bake sale paid off. Your daughter's a cutie too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter is my biggest cheerleader when it comes to baking. We had a fun time, but I'm honestly glad it's done :)

    ReplyDelete