March 31, 2012

FFwD: Crab and Grapefruit Salad

This one was pretty short and sweet; crab, veggies, grapefruit, herbs and a little extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice.  Toss it all together and viola, lunch!

Nice and fresh,  you could really taste all the ingredients because there wasn't much of a dressing.  The recipe said to dry the grapefruit in paper towel for several hours, key to keeping your salad from getting soggy.  Next time, I'd probably leave out the mint.  I like mint, but not really in my food.

4 comments:

  1. I kept the mint purely as a garnish, since I know its a controversial flavor in my house :-)
    Your salad looks lovely!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised by the mint. Your glassful looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your salad is simply beautiful! We really enjoyed this one too! I enjoyed the mint flavor…but I like the taste of mint in salad. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used cilantro instead of mint because it's what I had (and the avocado I added reminded me of Mexican flavors). What a beautiful salad.

    ReplyDelete