April 17, 2012

TWD: Lemon Loaf Cake



Growing up, my Mom was never a baker. But, when the urge for cake hit you could bet money on what she would make, Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines lemon bundt cake. My brother and I still tease her to this day that while our friends Mom's made chocolate cakes, cookies & brownies, we had box lemon bundt cake with powdered sugar glaze.  Memories.

It's still her favorite dessert and if I lived closer to her, I'd run this cake over to her. It was delicious! My family dove into it before I could even whip up Mom's famous glaze.

I baked my cake for 55 minutes and the toothpick came out clean everywhere except in that little bump on the top. But, I didn't want to dry out my cake trying to bake that last little bit. What causes that to happen? This was a really easy cake to make and will definitely reappear in our house.


See that little gooey spot?  Looks like a Twinkie.

If you'd like to try out this weeks recipe, check it out on one of the hosts blogs. Truc at Treats or Michelle at The Beauty of Life.

4 comments:

  1. My mom was famous for her Duncan Hines/ Betty Crocker desserts as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Grandma's famous lemon cake involves cake mix, jell-o and cool whip. it's a memory thing, i bet your mom's was delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a pretty good cake. And every time I eat a lemon dessert it reminds me of Mom.

    ReplyDelete