February 7, 2012

TWD: White Loaves

I'm so excited to start baking through the Baking with Julia cookbook from the beginning!  A few weeks ago I had my first experience with yeast making brioche rolls with the French Friday's with Dorie group.  This weeks white loaves recipe was pretty quick compared to those.

The smell of the bread baking was just as amazing though, yum! I probably cut into it before it was cool enough, but I just couldn't wait! If you go to the trouble of making homemade bread, you just must have it with real butter. It was delicious with just butter and even better with a little raspberry jam :) Made great toast the following morning too.

This week's recipe was chosen by Laurie (Slush) and Jules (Someone's in the Kitchen), the recipe is posted on Jules blog or you can find it in the cookbook, Baking with Julia.

















Happy Baking!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had fun with this. Your bread looks delicious! I agree about the homemade jam... or butter, or cinnamon sugar. OK, it's really good. :)

    I think this group will be fun too (I'm part of French Fridays also)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I really like the crack across the one! Makes it look rustic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - if the FFwD brioche was your first time with yeast and this is only your second time, it looks like you are off to a wonderful start!
    Fresh bread with a dab of butter is a true luxury - and one that's hard to beat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never gave baking bread a second thought, but the smell of fresh baked bread is heavenly!

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful accomplishment! Your bread looks beautiful! I agree with Cher..Wow! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to TWD- that is beautiful bread you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you love the smell and taste of homemade bread? Doesn't get much better. Beautiful bread...glad you are in this group.

    ReplyDelete