February 21, 2012

TWD: Chocolate Truffle Tartlet

I intended to make this for Valentine's Day, but we already had a pan of brownies and plate full of peanut butter & chocolate cookies on the counter.  So, instead I made them at work and they were enjoyed by all.  This is one I'll make again soon!

The dough was easy to make but did sort of have a patchwork quilt appearance once I got it rolled out to fit my tart pan.  I didn't have individual ones, but they look so cute miniature that I may have to invest in some :o)

The filling was delicious and I even cheated by using Callebaut chocolate chips.  I didn't have any amaretti cookies or biscotti, so ended up using crushed up meringues.  They almost looked like marshmallows in the tart but didn't really had any crunch like the cookies would have... next time.

Delicious dessert, almost like a gooey brownie with a crisp cookie base.  My filling was quite thin, so I think the individual tart pans are definitely in my future.

This weeks recipe can be viewed on one of the hosts blogs A Whisk and a Spoon.

Happy Baking!


Served with whipped cream, but ice cream would be better ;)

7 comments:

  1. I am sure this was enjoyed by all at work :-)
    I like the idea of a thinner tart - this was very rich (and vanilla ice cream was the perfect companion.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful tart! I cheated with milk chips, too. Thanks for baking along with me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tart! I think this would have been delicious with vanilla ice cream! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it turned out great! I don't think using chips is cheating. I think its perfectly fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always find chopping chocolate a difficult task. Thanks!

      Delete